Image Map

Monday, April 28, 2014

Weekend of a Real Adult

 
 
 
When I imagined myself as an adult, I thought my weekends would be full of cocktail hours, dance parties and I would have a bottomless bit of money. Well the reality is my life is nothing like that. For example this weekend was all about cleaning/organizing and trees. 

Friday obviously we worked during the day, but as soon as I got home oh man. I had the urging to do something EXCITING. I mean something REALLY, REALLY EXCITING. However, N was like "let's just stay home." (imagine him saying that in a whiney voice) so I resorted to sweeping the cobwebs off the ceiling. Which turned into deep cleaning our whole great room (kitchen, living room, dining room area is the great room). 

On Saturday, the Deep Clean of 2014 continued and a lot of stuff to donate was piled into the SUV.. We dropped everything off on our way to pick up our trees. Drove back to the cabin and proceeded to plant every single one of them. All 100 of them..<insert wtf emoji here>

Sunday, was just as thrilling as the other days. I slept in, help organize N's work van and made Lazy Man Lasagna. And Laundry lots and lots of laundry (Which might just be the death of me.) I cannot wait for our line to unthaw so I don't have such a back up of laundry. 

I know this portion of adult life is kind of boring but its completely necessary! Life isn't always about cocktails and dance parties. But I must say it was amazing to wake up and see a spotless kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment